Network Administrator/Support Specialist
About Daxtech IT Solutions
Are you needing a new challenge? Do you want to work with a collaborative team committed to customer service, quality, innovation, and an ongoing focus on excellence? We offer a professional, fun and rewarding place to stretch your abilities.
At Daxtech we help businesses successfully manage their technology. With a focus on building strong long-term relationships with our clients we are able to provide IT solutions and managed services designed specifically for their business needs.
As a small business we are a team of versatile individuals and many of us take on multiple roles. Teamwork is a key to our success and we rely heavily on each other. Given the rapidly changing nature of IT we are all versatile and driven to learn. With our focus on building relationships with clients we are professional and personable as interacting with clients in person and remotely is a large part of our day. Importantly we all look forward to coming to work every day and helping grow Daxtech and shape our own futures.
Daxtech is growing and to keep up with client demand we currently seeking several System Administrators/IT Consultants to join our team. Available positions vary from Junior to Senior.
If you are passionate about technology, enjoy a challenge, have 3+ years of hands on experience and enjoy working with a variety of people this position is for you.
- Deliver exceptional service to our clients from initiation of support incident through to completion and communicating effectively with clients throughout the process.
- Liaising with clients to determine business requirements, then design, recommend and deliver solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Post-Secondary education with a minimum of 3 years related experience
- Microsoft Windows Client and Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Server Technologies (AD, Exchange, Terminal Services, SharePoint, etc.)
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare or other hypervisors)
- Understanding of network fundamentals (TPC\IP, Routing, VLAN, etc.)
- Understanding of server hardware and RAID systems
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills with strong attention to detail
- Positive and professional attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be creative, innovative, and demonstrate a commitment to quality
- CLASS 5 driver’s license
- Criminal Records Check
The following are not required but preference would be given to candidates that possess any of these additional skills:
- Strong customer service experience
- Technical sales experience
- Experience with SAN networks and technologies
- Experience with server clusters
- Experience in an multi-tenant hosting environment
- VoIP experience
- Certifications from software\hardware vendors
Although the above skills are preferred a candidate with a great attitude is more important. If you have a solid technical foundation, excel at customer service, can learn quickly, are a team player and feel that you have the drive and skills to help grow our company you will be considered for this position.
Competitive pay with generous performance based bonuses, Full Benefits (Medical and Dental), 3-5 weeks\year paid vacation, Cell Phone and Home Internet allowance, car allowance, offices in both VicWest and WestShore, training allowances and more.
How to Apply:
We prefer to receive an up to date resume with a cover letter describing why you are an excellent candidate for this position. Due to the importance of building strong relationships with our customers only applicants based on Vancouver Island will be considered for this position. Strong references must be provided that will be verified prior to an interview. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org .